UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

UK Law

If I committed a crime at age 7 can I be charged. Nsw

if I committed a crime...
if I committed a crime at age 7 can I be charged
JA: In what state did this occur?
Customer: nsw
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Customer reply replied 27 days ago
it happened 37yrs ago and no it was not homicide
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/20/2017
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister

No.

You were below the age of criminal responsibility.

There are no exceptions.

Please don't worry.

Jo

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Thanks

No problem and all the best.

Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jo C’. You can also bookmark my profile http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-remus2004/

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Also if this matter was ever brought up would I have to go to court nothing as of yet has happened but this is a concern .

Is it accepted that you were 7?

I'm happy to continue with this but please rate my answer.

Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
I was 7yrs old
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
did the rating came through?
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
For Jo C. yes I was 7 yrs old

This cannot go to court.

You were under 10.

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
Thank you

No problem and all the best.

Please remember to rate my answer.

Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jomo1972’.

Jo C.
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister