UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

If I committed a crime at age 7 can I be charged. Nsw

If I committed a...

If I committed a crime at age 7 can I be charged

Lawyer's Assistant: In what state did this occur?

Nsw

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

it happened 37yrs ago and no it was not homicide
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/20/2017
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister

No.

You were below the age of criminal responsibility.

There are no exceptions.

Please don't worry.

Jo

Thanks

No problem and all the best.

Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jo C’. You can also bookmark my profile http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-remus2004/

Also if this matter was ever brought up would I have to go to court nothing as of yet has happened but this is a concern .

Is it accepted that you were 7?

I'm happy to continue with this but please rate my answer.

Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
I was 7yrs old
did the rating came through?
For Jo C. yes I was 7 yrs old

This cannot go to court.

You were under 10.

Thank you

No problem and all the best.

Please remember to rate my answer.

Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jomo1972’.