UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

I have been to court and received community service for

Customer Question
harassment of my ex partner...
I have been to court and received community service for harassment of my ex partner and all I did was pester her for my property back this is my first offence I plead guilty and got 180 hours of community service I have been doing the hours and have about 60 left but I have just got another job which compels me to work 6 night shifts And I am not able to attend the community service as the only day I get off is Friday and they are not open on a Friday is there anything I could do like maybe apply to get my remaining hours exchanged for a fine as I have already done over half?
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: UK Law
11/18/2017
Solicitor: Jo C., Barrister replied 7 months ago
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister

Does she want it removed?

Does who want it removed

The complainant.

Don’t know haven’t spoke to her in a year I only have 60 hours left
I have a new girlfriend now

In that case, she is not encouraging breaches ?

No we don’t speak
The only problem is work I may lose my job

You can always apply to have this order removed but without her approval or some suggestion that she is encouraging breaches it is not likely to succeed I am afraid.

On the upside you do not risk costs.

I suppose you could apply on the basis that there has been no contact so the order is working but usually you have to show a change of circumstances.

In any event, you have to give CPS notice of your intention to apply.

Can I clarify anything for you?

Jo

What is cps
how do I apply
would not a new job demanding more hours be sufficient Chang in circumstance
Change

No, a new job is a non issue.

A change of circumstances would need to relate to the whether there was a need for the order. The sentencing court believed there was and, in fairness, the only thing that has changed is the fact that there has been no further issue. Might be worth trying.

How would I do it

You just write to the police and notify them and then ask the sentencing court to list it.

Delighted to continue with this but please rate my answer.