UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

I went to a meeting regarding a claim against timeshare

misold after accepting this “free”...
I went to a meeting regarding a claim against timeshare misold after accepting this “free” holiday.This was yesterday in Adelje I realised overnight that it is ascam and O have signed to pay an extre £6500 in a months time. I also paid £1500 on credit card for “registration. I want out. Do I go back to their office and can I use the cooling off period?
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/17/2017
Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Just to be clear, you went to their offices?

they collected me and my sister

Its bad news then I am afraid. Distance selling only applies to where the deal is conducted at a distance, ie your home.

Here, you were collected and went to them. That means cooling off does not apply. You are not being sold timeshare, but a claim to get out of it. This means there is no distance selling rules.
So sadly, you cant get your money back. You can probably cancel and not pay the £6500. But you have probably lost your deposit, subject to what it says in any terms you signed.

I am sorry if this is not the answer you want, nor the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?

Would it help to cancel in person or over the phone when they ask us to continue.

It makes no difference. Check the contract and see what you will be liable for.

Sadly I think the deposit has been lost.

Does that clarify?

thank you

All the best. If this answers your question could I invite you to rate my answer, 5 stars the happy face on the page before you go today, otherwise the site doesn’t pay me for the time spent with you. Thanks in advance!

Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor