UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

UK Law

My father died intestate so my brother and me inherit

everything equally , estate comes...
My father died intestate so my brother and me inherit everything equally , estate comes to approx £385000, £325000 of that being a property. What is our inheritance tax threshold? I'm confused , is it £325000 or £475000 as the property goes to his children?
11/16/2017
frantzgregory
The inheritance tax threshold is £325k.
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
I know, but I thought if property went to children the threshold went up by £150000 , I want to know if father died in intestate the same rules applied as if the property was left in will
There is no such rule
The inheritance tax threshold is £325k.
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
34;If you give away your home to your children (including adopted, foster or stepchildren) or grandchildren, your threshold will increase to £425,000."
Taken from government website
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
as this is fact , from the government, I want to know if the same rule applies if father dies intestate or does the property have to be left in a will?
like i said this doesnt apply under the intestacy rule

Please can you rate? I don't get paid for helping you if you forget to rate

frantzgregory
frantzgregory
frantzgregory
frantzgregory, Lawyer