UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

After 6 months and the deposit returned can a Landlord make…

Customer Question
After 6 months and...

After 6 months and the deposit returned can a Landlord make any claims on an ex tenent ?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?

Nottinghamshire, England

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Only a letter, sent by the Landlord to our new address.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: UK Law
11/16/2017
Solicitor: Jamie-Law, Solicitor replied 10 months ago
Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

Can you please explain your situation a little more?

We have received a derogatory letter from our ex landlord, 7months after vacating the property asking that we meet with him as he is making claims against us. On leaving the property he inspected the cottage and duly refunded our deposit.
I would prefer a written reply.
are you able to offer written response.............

You need to write and set out your losses and request compensation within 14 days or say will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.

If they do not compensated you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/hmctsformfinder/n1-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?

If not, I would appreciate a 5 star rating for my answer. Thanks!

If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer 3, 4 or 5 stars before you leave today.

I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the bottom of the screen. Please do not forget as it is an important part of the online process! Thank you.