UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

Can bailiffs take my van and tools that I use to earn my…

Customer Question
Good morning can bailiffs take...
Good morning can bailiffs take my van and tools that I use to earn my living I get parking tickets trying to do my job
They then clamp me and say they will take the van and sell it regards mel
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: UK Law
11/14/2017
Solicitor: Jo C., Barrister replied 10 months ago
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister

Hi please explain exactly what has gone on - thanks

I am short of money due to trying to pay these fines I have had more tickets then normal I tell them I can't afford to pay them I am 71 and have to work to pay my rent because the flat not in my name plus other bills but the they dont care they have told me the can take the van and sell it they dont care if i loss my job and cant pay my bills

Why don't you just remove the tools before they put the van in walking possession?