UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

Mu boyfriend may be charged with section 18, however he was…

Customer Question
Hi, mu boyfriend may...

Hi, mu boyfriend may be charged with section 18, however he was defending himself and me from a guy who arrived at our property with a knife threatening to kill me

Lawyer's Assistant: In what state did this occur?

This happened in the United Kingdom

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

Yes we have however the lawyer said my bf mught be fancing 3 years in prison which I dont think is right as he was defending himself and myself from the attacker and he never had issues with thr law before

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No thanks

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: UK Law
I have called the police and we had to wait 40 minutes before they arrived this is the reason my boyfriend was defecting himself as the guy had a knife and because my boyfriend was in shock and in fear for his and my life my boyfriend has broken the guys 6 ribs by hitting him once.
11/12/2017
Solicitor: Jo C., Barrister replied 10 months ago
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister

What wold you like to know about this please?

what could my boyfriend be facing?

A S18 charge?

Do you mean what sentence would he get? If so, I will need more information and I would need to know who the crown put their case. It is not really possible to tell which category and range this would fall into at this stage.