UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

I was arrested and charged with being drunk and disorderly a…

Customer Question
I was arrested and...

I was arrested and charged with being drunk and disorderly a few days ago. Whilst in custody I asked several times to see a solicitor. I was charged and released before seeing one. However, on my charge sheet where it says name of solicitor it says DUTY. Again I had no legal advice.

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when did this happen?

Oh sorry thought this was a UK law site.

Lawyer's Assistant: What action has been taken so far? What's your ideal outcome?

Nothing yet. I want to know if I can get it thrown out. Due to this error.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yeah. I'm a on life license. Been out for 12 months.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: UK Law
11/12/2017
Solicitor: Jo C., Barrister replied 8 months ago
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Hi. I'm not sure what your question is about this. You wouldn't normally be entitled to a solicitor for a drunk and disorderly. The legal aid scheme wouldn't cover the cost. Also if you weren't interviewed then there would be no need for a solicitor to attend as opposed to giving telephone advice. Can I clarify anything for you? jo
Ah that would be why I was told I could speak to a solicitor via phone call. In any event I was unable to get any legal advice.
I asked to see/speak with a solicitor several times.On my charge sheet it states DUTY as my solicitor. I spoke with none.On this basis (the charge sheet having this error) do I have grounds to have the charge thrown out at court?

No.

Even if they had interviewed without a solicitor the only consequence would be that they couldn't rely on the interview. They could still prosecute.

it doesn't matter if the charge sheet has errors on it?

The charge sheet doesn't have errors with the charge.

Ok

No problem and all the best.

Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jo C’. You can also bookmark my profile http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-remus2004/