UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

I've just been demoted/re-graded as part of wider strategic…

Customer Question
I've just been demoted/re-graded...

I've just been demoted/re-graded as part of wider strategic changes to the business I work for. I've tried to resolve informally, suggesting they reconsider, or that I be made eligible to preference/apply for one of the new roles at the same grade as mine is currently, or failing either, to be made redundant.

Lawyer's Assistant: Can you tell me what state this is in? And has this been documented in any way?

I was informed that they won't reconsider and that my role still exists, it's just been re-evaluated. Documentation is sparse but not completely missing; certainly since I realised things were going south, I have started to keep a record.

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

Full time, 20 years loyal service

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Sure there is loads... May be best to connect me to explain fuller detail??

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: UK Law
11/12/2017
Solicitor: Ben Jones, UK Lawyer replied 8 months ago
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today.

Please provide some more details that you feel are relevant