UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

I am looking for advice on hiring a prosecution barrister to…

Hi. I am...

Hi. I am looking for advice on hiring a prosecution barrister to help with harassment and emotional distress claims in civil court

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

UK

Lawyer's Assistant: What action has been taken so far? What's your ideal outcome?

No action so far. Ideal outcome would be jail and compensation

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes the harrassment has been via police and court system with false allegations, child abduction and child isolation over a period of 16 years

10/21/2017
Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Can you please explain your situation a little more?

Hi Jamie, I was married in 2000 but the marriage became violent. I became pregnant in 2001 and the violence got worse. I left my husband in March 2001.The harassment by him got so bad police moved me to a hostel for my safety. I then spent my entire pregnancy homeless due to this situation.My child was born in 2002 and I suffered with deprssion due to harassment. False allegations of abuse, neglect, drug addiction. Frequent police and social services visits and court applications made by himIn 2004 he absconded with our 2 year old son. It took 4 months to get him returned. In court I faced the same unfounded allegations.This pattern of abusive controlling behaviour and harassment has continued for 16 years.He failed to return my son in January 2016. Despite me having a residence order to prevent his doing this again I could not get the police or social services to intervene.I have now received another summons to court over child abuse claims to our son.... Despite th a fact we have had no contact in almost 2 years!My son is now estranged from his younger sibling, me (mother) step father and his whole extended family ( we are very close with regular contact). No one has seen or heard from him in nearly 2 yearsWe are blocked on social media, letters and parcels are returned unopened. No one will answer calls or texts.My son's school removed my contact details and refused to speak to me or pass on information about my son because his father instructed the school.He has now removed my son to a new school with informing me or getting my permission.I have contacted the new school who also refuse to speak to me or pass on information regarding my child's welfare.I would like to counter claim for harassment and emotional harm.He is using the court system to further harass me even though he already has my son.Of this was about child protection... He has already cut contact (malicious intent) so i have no possible way to harm my own child.Yet he has brought the case anyway in order to continue his campaign or abuse

Ok - has he been prosecuted for anything?

There have been 2 previous injunctions to prevent him from contacting me or approaching me. Both had a limited time and expired years ago. The police wanted me to prosecute for harassment but at the time I was too afraid it would result in further reprisals so i did not go ahead.Every time I speak to the police they simply say it is a civil matter for the courts and they will not take any action.
There may be other prosecutions that I am not aware of.

Potentially it could be harassment and you could get a restraining order to prevent contact directly or indirectly.

You would need to complete forms N1:

http://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/hmctsformfinder/n1-eng.pdf

And N16a:

http://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/hmctsformfinder/n016a-eng.pdf

The Court would list the matter down and decide whether to make an order preventing harassment.

If the Court does and he breaches it, this could be contempt of Court which you can be warned, fined or sent to prison.

But you cant bring a prosecution sadly because there is no direct offence here. He is clearly nasty but wasting Police time etc is a matter for them to prosecute.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?

Hi Jamie,Thank you for your responses. I do not have any more questions.
Best wishes

All the best. If I could ask you to rate my answer before you go today, by clicking on the 5 stars or happy face at the bottom of the screen, otherwise the site does not pay me for the time spent with you today. It is also an important part of the online process. Thank you in advance and good luck!

Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor