UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

UK Law

My husband is a beneficiary under a will drawn up in UK. The…

My husband is a...

My husband is a beneficiary under a will drawn up in UK. The trustee of the estate I believe is being "tricky". Our financial administrators are saying that it is "against privacy laws for them to reveal details of the trust." Is this the case. My husband has Alzheimer's. I am his legal wife and carer. Margaret Ford

Lawyer's Assistant: Estate laws vary by state. What state are you in?

We are in Victoria the trustee is my husband's daughter and is in London. I am the wicked step mother

Lawyer's Assistant: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?

We have a copy of the will. The estate has been functioning since August 2014. I believe my husband is not receiving all he is entitled to and his care is compromised as a result.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I don't think so.

10/20/2017
lrizos

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question. If you choose a telephone call, you will be charged an additional fee.

Good Morning

I have requested you be referred to a UK lawyer.

Regards

I just need to know if it is against privacy laws for the details of a beneficiary trust, where my husband is the beneficiary,
to be revealed to our financial administrators or in fact to me as his legal wife and carer. He has Alzheimer's which is why we need the administrators. It is a large estate. The will was drawn up in UK and the trustee of the estate is living in UK and I am classed as the wicked step mother.
Not good enough I want my $5.00 back.
frantzgregory

Thank you for your question

My name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you

A trustee has a duty to provide certain information to beneficiaries. However if you are asking for certain information such as the trustees correspondence address and personal details a beneficiary has no entitlement to this information. The trustee has the discretion whether or not to disclose this information.

The type of information a beneficiary is entitled to are Yearly Trust Reports, Accounting etc. These reports and accounting will contain information for the beneficiaries such as how much income was produced by the trust and expenses etc and also details of every investment made, gains and losses.

Please ask if you need further details

Please can you rate? I don't get paid for helping you if you forget to rate

frantzgregory
frantzgregory
frantzgregory
frantzgregory, Lawyer