UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

I have a council house atm and i am looking to buy a

Customer Question
I have a council...

I have a council house atm and i am looking to buy a property to rent would it still be possible to keep the council property?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?

London

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

What do you mean by that?

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Just today i passed my solicitors information to the estate agents

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: UK Law
10/20/2017
Solicitor: Clare, Solicitor replied 9 months ago
Clare
Clare, Solicitor

Thank you for your question

My name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you.

It is a standard condition of all Council Tenancies that you do NOT own another property.

You can check your tenancy agreement for any exceptions - but it is unlikely that a Buy to Let purchase would be allowed

Please ask if you need further details