UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

I have a fresh letter from solicitors acting for the

Good evening Jim I have a...
Good evening Jim
I have a fresh letter from solicitors acting for the Admistrator saying they plan to bring action against me for breach of duty / misfeasance because I paid myself my full wage before upto the company going into administration.
Again, as I am abroad, they do not know my location and I have no plans to return to the UK is it likely this will be followed up?Thank you in anticipation of your help.
Cameron
10/14/2017
JimLawyer
JimLawyer, Solicitor

Hi Cameron, no. They cannot pursue you as you are abroad. They will not follow it up as it would cost them much more to do so. Also, they will be insured for “bad debt” so will claim against their policy instead of paying more to pursue. They have no jurisdiction to claim abroad either. My advice is to let them pursue bankruptcy proceedings. As you won’t come back to the U.K. you are not affected.

Thanks for your quick responce. Why has the administrators paid a solicitor to write to me in that case? If they know its futile why waste even more money?
Thanks

They want to see if you’ll pay instead of them going down the bankruptcy route. It’s a standard procedure that they involve a solicitor as if they want to claim on their insurance, their insurers probably stipulate they have to exhaust all options to to secure payment which may include involving a Solicitor

JimLawyer
JimLawyer, Solicitor
Ok. Thanks again Jim
Hi Jim
Can I send you a letter I have received for you to review and advise on.
It is a little long winded so presume it would be fairer if done direct rather than through JA?