UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

An ex partner has been using my name on his motor insurance…

Customer Question
An ex partner has...

An ex partner has been using my name on his motor insurance policies as it brings his insurance down how do I go about having my details removed?

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you in the UK or are you in the States?

UK

Lawyer's Assistant: What action has been taken so far? What's your ideal outcome?

I don't have any information as to what companyou his insured with etc I don't want any connection with him

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

He also made me director of his company in the past without my consent I managed to have my details removed of company house records but he continues to use my name when it suits him without my permission

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: UK Law
10/5/2017
Solicitor: Naveed Khan,
 replied 10 months ago
Naveed Khan

Please report this to police as this may be classified as identity theft or fraud.

It there anyway I can find out if he is naming me a driver on his policy to bring his premium down
Solicitor: Naveed Khan,
 replied 10 months ago

what is your vehicle registration number?

Ls06 yjf
Solicitor: Naveed Khan,
 replied 10 months ago

BMW 530 D SE?

BMW 5 series
Solicitor: Naveed Khan,
 replied 10 months ago

please visit: https://www.mib.org.uk/check-insurance-details/requesting-insurance-information-from-mib/

You will find out details about car insurance and whether it is in your name or not. Place a request.

Please also accept my answer. Thank you.

Solicitor: Naveed Khan,
 replied 10 months ago
Please rate my service thank you.