UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

Is it illegal to suspend technical support to a non-paying…

Customer Question
Is it illegal to...

Is it illegal to suspend technical support to a non-paying customer

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Quebec

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

We a UK company, exported our product to a Quebec company. we have not reported anything to any authorities

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

We informed our customer that we would be suspending technical back up until remaining balance was paid $34,000 over due by 6 months, a few weeks later, their is a fault with the product (usual to happen in the industry), this affected the end user. the company then made payment so we could offer support. This was completed and we resolved the issue in an hour.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: UK Law
is this all confidential or available online.
10/4/2017
Solicitor: Alex J., Litigator replied 10 months ago
Alex J.
Alex J., Litigator

Thank you for your question and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I will assist you. Do you have any terms and conditions that allow you to suspend services for non payment? Did the customer suffer any loss? Did the customer state the payment was being made under duress? Do your term and conditions limit your liability?