UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

I got involved in an affair, I realised it was wrong and I…

Customer Question
Hi, I got involved...

Hi, I got involved in an affair, I realised it was wrong and I tried to end it but affair kept blackmailing that if I don't give money or I don't do such and such she will tell my wife and family?

Lawyer's Assistant: In what state did this occur?

London UK

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I finally stopped giving in to her and I told my wife I had an affair and had sex and emailed the former partner I want you to stop any further contact I will take this as harassment, bullying and blackmailing

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: UK Law
But she did not stop, made alias Instagram accounts and posted pictures of me and her together, she also sent same pictures to my wife
10/2/2017
Solicitor: Thomas Judge, Solicitor Advocate replied 10 months ago
Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Solicitor Advocate

As she blackmailed you then this is a serious criminal matter. A person convicted of blackmail is liable in prison for up to 14 years. So I would tell the police about what they have been doing. The other option is to get a solicitor's letter to them and indeed an injunction.

Justanswer works on people giving ratings. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you

I hope that this answered your question. Justanswer works on people giving ratings. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you