UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

I had a incident last night with a taxi driver, I called for…

Customer Question
Hi there I had...

Hi there I had a incident last night with a taxi driver, I called for a taxi in the early hours, I had a friend with me and we had some food , taxi arrived and we confirmed it was our taxi and started to enter the car when he refused to take us with food and told us to get out very aggressively we got out with a few chosen words when he spat in my face and started to yell and got back in the car, unaware my friend smeared pizza on the windows.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the car?

Car was not more than 3 years old and the windows are washable.

Lawyer's Assistant: What action has been taken so far? What's your ideal outcome?

He is claiming criminal damage, Racist abuse. Also he dropped his phone in the commotion and we picked it up planning to return the phone to the police station in the morning which we have done, but he is also claiming theft

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No that's all

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: UK Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/30/2017
Solicitor: Jo C., Barrister replied 8 months ago
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister

What would you like to know about this please?

What could be the possible outcome, iv never had anything like this happen before and I have nothing on record

Are you charged yet?

What has been happening?

No I have an interview I have to attend Wednesday, so still unaware what it might come to. Do I have a case with him spitting in my face ?

Well, not in the light of the allegations.

It depends what he is saying.

If he is alleging things as you remember then then this is a theft and a criminal damage. There might be some public order issues as well.

If he is exaggerating then it is impossible to say what the charges could be.

If you returned his phone already before the allegation then you would have a defence to theft on the basis you didn't intend to permanently deprive him of it.

Can I clarify anything for you?

Jo