UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

I have a final charging order on my property, can I

Customer Question
I have a final...

I have a final charging order on my property, can I challenge it?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

London

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Its registered against my property at land reg

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The charge is for service charge and major works by the council and the property was bought back on a CPO by the council, they will be deducting the amount from the money we have agreed on the prpoerty

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: UK Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/29/2017
Solicitor: Jamie-Law, Solicitor replied 7 months ago
Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Did you contest it?

no I did not
what is happening???
hello anyone there?????

I am in and out of Court. Why didn’t you contest it?

Didt know about it till really late and so had no time to research law

When was it imposed?

Not sure of date, possibly sometime in 2015!

Its bad news I am afraid. You have 21 days in which to appeal an order.

Bearing in mind this was in 2015 you are now 2 years down the line.

As such sadly you are out of time to challenge this now. Its just been far too long.

I am sorry if this is not the answer you want, nor the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest.

You can try and appeal out of time, but given its been 2 years I think it would not be successful.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?

If not, I would appreciate a 5 star rating for my answer. Thanks!

Thank you but I m sorry I can not give you star rating,,,, it took you a week to answer my question and I was told it will take 30 mins on the website! I could have done the research myself if I had a week, I wanted an urgent answer that is why I used the site.Will not use site again and certainly not recommending it to anyone.Plus the money was taken out of my account before I even got my answer! When I was informed that the final payment will only be taken if I am 100% happy with the answers I receive.Very bad service.

Ok. Good luck. Have a fantastic weekend.

to be fair I responded on 29 th September and then you replied to me with the information I needed on 6th October. So it would appear that I did not cause the delay.

Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor