UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

My father passed away in April. His current wife stated he…

Customer Question
My father passed away...

My father passed away in April. His current wife stated he had no will. She filed for years support and after the deadline to object it my uncle remembered he had my dads will in a safe deposit box. He turned it in to probate. WIll the will be valid still? Can I object to the years support now since it is past the deadline?

Lawyer's Assistant: Estate laws vary by state. What state are you in?

Ga

Lawyer's Assistant: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?

All I have is a copy of the years support paperwork I received in the mail. I do not have a copy of the will but my uncle stated that it had left everything to me.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

What happens to the rest of his estate after the years support is granted?

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: UK Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/25/2017
Solicitor: frantzgregory, Lawyer replied 10 months ago
frantzgregory

Please could you give more details on what you mean by "she filed for years support" What deadline? What did your father leave to you?