UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

I live in a listed barn which was listed about thirty years…

Customer Question
I live in a listed...
I live in a listed barn which was listed about thirty years ago in order to turn it into a domestic dwelling. I have a small barn in the yard which has been rented for over twenty years and I would like to extend it for my own occupation. The difficulty I have that it being in the curtilage of a listed building the extension I'm advised will be minor. Therefore what are the possibilities of delisting either one or both.
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: UK Law
9/25/2017
Solicitor: Joshua, Lawyer replied 10 months ago
Joshua
Joshua, Lawyer

Hello and thank you for your question. I'm a practising lawyer in England with over 10 years experience. I am replying to this just as a courtesy as your question is only on the periphery of my expertise. I feel you will need to consult a local town planner rather than a lawyer. There are a few laywers who specilaise in planning law but they are comparatively few and far between and I am not aware that any of my colleagues so specialise. A local private town planner will be more cost effective than such a lawyer in any event. I will opt out in case any of my colleagues can assist further but as above this reply was just a courtesy so you don't sit waiting for a reply for any lengthy period of time. If no one is able to assist I hope you may consider this service again if you have any further legal questions.

Thanks for your reply. Since you are unable to give me advice I wish to cancel my membership and would appreciate a refund.