UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

UK Law

I am a letting agent and have been since 1995 upto 2009 I…

I am a letting...

I am a letting agent and have been since 1995 upto 2009 I had very few complaints abtout tenants fees the oft have made allegations of fraud to me saying I have taken payments from prospective tenants and they estimate the money value is 1 million pound wot is the potential risk to me it's sec2 fraud I'm reasonably confident that they have lots of floors in their case ?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?

Stoke on Trent

Lawyer's Assistant: What action has been taken so far? What's your ideal outcome?

They have raided my office about 18 months ago they say they have 93 witness and my system is a scam over the years I have emailed them asking for meetings 3 emails and the x head of that department has given my procedure a very good reference

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes is it normal for them to exegarate a claim ?

Effectively we work on a credit report system and they say out of 5000 reports only 29 clients met the score... although we tenented 1250 applicants over the years the report tc lie to pay for up to 15 months ago was for a service not for the report they have sent to secret shoppers in both offers housing also tenents have emailed me saying they feel harassed by them to be witness
The complaints have increased by 3 folds since we followed the oft officer advice also the score is basically to reflect low risk tenants
In 2009 a oft came to my office in anouced and witnessed the office procedure for referencing a potential tenner and walked away saying it was fine we have it on record
Can you give me a brief answer ?
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Also will they change their disclosure at the last minute as they have interviewd the co director and now are waiting to interview me pls giv Mrs brief opinion
9/23/2017
Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

What is it you want to to know about this today please?

Hi as iv req
I need your oponion on the poss outcome
No pls send me a msg at this stage itemising the concerns

Ok - you have never defrauded anyone?

Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Not intentionally
Phone call session started

Shall I call this evening or tomorrow?

Pls call to complete chat
Now if possible the line dropped as explained on motorway

No problem

Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor