UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

I'm looking to buy a house but the executors only have

Customer Question
I'm looking to buy a...
I'm looking to buy a house but the executors only have possessory title. There is 20 years left on the lease. If I buy can i apply to buy the freehold after 2years ?
Thanks
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: UK Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/22/2017
Solicitor: Joshua, Lawyer replied 10 months ago
Joshua
Joshua, Lawyer

Hello and thank you for your question. I will be very pleased to assist you. I'm a practising lawyer in England with over 10 years experience.

May I clarify does the freeholder only have possessory title? You refer to also to a lease?

The freeholder doesnot have possession. He has received a ground rent for the last 50+ years and will do so for the next 20 years, subject to him having to sell it ( under the leasehold reform act - I think thats what its called ) the woman who has lived in the house for the last x number of years has died and the executors are wanting to sell but the cant find the leasehold deeds. So after 2 years they have got a possessory title which I'm looking to buy ! If I do can i force the freeholder to sell if so when ?
Your screen will not accept my telephone number !!!***********
your screen will not accept my telephone number ***********

I'm really sorry about that. Did you want to speak by phone?

thats in the UK

Thanks. I will send you a phone service offer. I will be very pleased to speak with you - Im sorry you had difficulty with entering your phone number.

This service is not very good at present. you will not accept my phone number so please reply via e-mail.

I'm sorry it is not working for you. Customer services will be able to assist you if you give them a quick call. Freephone 0***-***-****