UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

After dv involving my partner I ran away. Punch say I can't…

After dv involving my...

After dv involving my partner I ran away. Punch say I can't come off the tenancy unless partner agrees but police have said I must have no contact with hiim?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Oh, God, sorry the website title says anser uk property law. I am in England

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes a file has been sent to the cps by the police.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

He has been financial abusing me but the police say thats a civll matter. I just want to get off the tenancy and start my life again without worrying what debts he'll run up.

9/20/2017
Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Have you got a solicitor?

No, I haven't got one. Thanks

You need to get one. That way your Solicitor can write and get consent to be removed.

If this is not given then you can make an application to Court to come off.

But first step would be to instruct a Solicitor to write and get consent.
You wont be breaking bail or anything because its legal Solicitor to write.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?

Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor