How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jamie-Law Your Own Question
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Category: UK Law
Satisfied Customers: 5049
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your UK Law Question Here...
Jamie-Law is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

After dv involving my partner I ran away. Punch say I can't

This answer was rated:

After dv involving my partner I ran away. Punch say I can't come off the tenancy unless partner agrees but police have said I must have no contact with hiim?
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Oh, God, sorry the website title says anser uk property law. I am in England
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Yes a file has been sent to the cps by the police.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: He has been financial abusing me but the police say thats a civll matter. I just want to get off the tenancy and start my life again without worrying what debts he'll run up.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Have you got a solicitor?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No, I haven't got one. Thanks

You need to get one. That way your Solicitor can write and get consent to be removed.

If this is not given then you can make an application to Court to come off.

But first step would be to instruct a Solicitor to write and get consent.
You wont be breaking bail or anything because its legal Solicitor to write.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?

Jamie-Law and 3 other UK Law Specialists are ready to help you