UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

Today my husband set off a security alarm in a department…

Customer Question
Hello,today my husband set...

Hello,today my husband set off a security alarm in a department store. He refused to be searched, his exit was blocked and subsequently carried roughly by 6 security guards into cell within the store. Police and ambulance were called, he was detained for 2.5 hours. As it turned out his wallet was what had triggered the alarm. My husband was of course very distressed by the whole incident. Where do we proceed from here?

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when did this happen?

In the UK today

Lawyer's Assistant: What action has been taken so far? What's your ideal outcome?

Nothing. some compensation

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: UK Law
9/19/2017
Solicitor: Jo C., Barrister replied 11 months ago
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister

What action as you hoping to take?

for what?