How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ben Jones Your Own Question
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Category: UK Law
Satisfied Customers: 48194
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
Type Your UK Law Question Here...
Ben Jones is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Nice to meet you. I am a Radiograher in NHS Two co-work made

This answer was rated:

hi, nice to meet you.
JA: Are you in the UK or are you in the States?
Customer: I am a Radiograher in NHS Two co-work made allergation and spread slander about my standards while working. I was COMPLETLY exonerated. I have neither seen the exact complaints againt or the falde statements made against me. This has ruined my career I cannot go back to the department and now have to be redeployed to an admin role. I worked hard to get my BSc Hon and now it is worthless, yet I did noting wrong. please advise if you think I have a case.
JA: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?
Customer: Full time in Orkney nhs.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I was also going through major procedures for breast cancer, they actually told other staff members that I was lying and saying this for sympathy. It put me under extreme stress at a time when I was trying to cope with the surgery and treatments.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today.

When did this happen?

Ben Jones and other UK Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
August 2015, I have not practiced clinically since.

Thanks I will call shortly

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I am leaving work shortly. Can e speak tomorrow please?

Yes depending on workload, I will reply on here initially and if you have further questions we can discuss them later on

Thank you. Whilst this may have been a potential case of defamation (a false statement made by someone and communicated to a third party, which tends to damage the subject ‘s reputation or cause them losses), you are out of time to pursue it unfortunately. There is only a 1 year time limit to make a claim for defamation and if this happened in 2015, then you are out of time to submit such a claim now. SO you are legally prevented from taking it further because you had not done so within the strict limits required by law.

There are possibilities for potentially getting an extension to this, but they are quite rare and difficult to get. Usually it may be down to something like you not being in a position to make a claim due to illness, basically being incapacitated. It has to be something quite serious which actually prevented you from making a claim, not just because you were not feeling too well and could do without the stress of making a claim. So medical evidence will be required to show that you physically or mentally were in no position to make a claim and that now is the first opportunity you have had to do so. After that it is down to the court to decide whether to allow an extension of time or not

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I was going through treatments and procedures for breast cancer . I recently had bi -lateral mastectomy. So I was not in right state of mental or physical capabilities to even consider dealing with the situation. Please advise.

Did that period span the full 2 years though, since Aug 2015 until now?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
it is still ongoing

Well, as mentioned there is a provision, specifically under section 32 of the Limitations Act 1980, which allows the courts to extend the limitation period. But this is not easy to do - it is a complex process and you need a sold argument. Whilst I understand you were experiencing medical complications, you need to show that they basically were akin to incapacitation which prevented you from making a claim. As this is a complex technical procedure I must strongly suggest that you engage a solicitor to act for you to make this application for extension to the courts.

You can search for a local solicitor here:

From the drop down list choose Defamation as the Area of Practice.