UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

We live in a relatively rural area. 10 years ago two

Customer Question
Hi we live in...

Hi we live in a relatively rural area. 10 years ago two neighbours and ourselves bout a piece of land adjacent to our properties. the land was split into three parcels. The land is part of a former landfill site. One of the neighbours has sold his land to another person who has now applied for planning permission to build a barn and stables. The person is a building contractor and is constantly digging and moving earth on his land. In addition, he (illegaly - no planning permission) runs his construction business form the site. The council has asked the applicant for an environmental report winch states that due to contamination all persons within 250 meters of work will need to use protective equipment. Our house is well within this 250m 'boundary'. The council (Winchester) are very slow to respond to our concerns and we are thinking of obtaining an injunction to stop the applicant doing any work until a system of working that does not compromise our safety is agreed. Wondering what your thoughts are ?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

We're in the UK

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes, the environmental report is now a public document, submitted in support of his planning application

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not sat this stage, thanks

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: UK Law
Answered in 3 days by:
9/22/2017
Solicitor: Nick H, Solicitor replied 12 months ago
Nick H
Nick H, Solicitor

Hello

Tricky - councils can be very slow and ineffective.

May be worth trying the Environment Agency.