UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

I used to work for my aunts company as a secretary, she

Customer Question
I used to work...

I used to work for my aunts company as a secretary, she added me on her business account to have the right to discuss issues with the bank. In june i borrowed her 9800£. The transactions were made from my account to her business accoun with a reference saying LOAN. I am 8 months pregnant and i asked her to return the money as i need to prepare for the arriving of my baby. She said i can have the money as soon as she gets paid by her contractor. She got paid and i withdrew the money. She called me strainght away and asked me to put the money back as she has payments to make. I said i am sorry but this is my money and i need it aswell so i don't want for you to keep it any longer. She is now accusing me of theft. How is this possible and what are the consequences? I have my statement which clearly shows the transfers.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

London

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Not yet

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: UK Law
9/17/2017
Solicitor: Jamie-Law, Solicitor replied 11 months ago
Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Did you have permission to take the money back?

as i said i was authorised by her to use the account. I even had a card on my name

Has it been reported to the police?

but not oficially

then you could be charged and prosecuted. Or no action may be taken. They could also take out a civil claim for the money back.

Those are the consequences. Can I clairfy anything for you about this today please?

But i have proof i lend her the money!! Why would i ne charged??

you asked what the consequences were. That is a possible outcome.

I do not think it's likely but possible.

Does that clairfy?

How is it possible if on my bank statement shows that i gave her that money. She said i can have the money as soon as she gets paid. I took them and then she said she needs it for longer. When i said no she accused me of theft! I didn t brake into her account i had my own security to log on her business account.

Yes I realise that. But you asked me for consequences. If she did not give explicit permission for you to take these sums, that could be an Issue.

Does that clairfy?

Solicitor: Jamie-Law, Solicitor replied 10 months ago

If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer 3, 4 or 5 stars before you leave today.

I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the bottom of the screen. Please do not forget as it is an important part of the online process! Thank you.