UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

My sister and i are lasting powers of attorney for our uncle…

Customer Question
My sister and i...

My sister and i are lasting powers of attorney for our uncle with his wishes, before getting dementia, now his son and his daughter in law are now challenging this document ,we are only protecting him and his wishes, do they have the power to change this fact without due reason.

Lawyer's Assistant: Can you tell me what state this is in? And just to clarify, what paperwork has been filed?

It is in sussex england and all the paper work was done legally with his solicitor

Lawyer's Assistant: What action has been taken so far? What's your ideal outcome?

Have just found out by his solicitor, we only want to look after him and protect his welfare, his son and daughter in law have other motives as he has a property they want to move into.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

He has short term memory loss and is 92yrs old.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: UK Law
9/14/2017
Solicitor: Joshua, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
Joshua
Joshua, Lawyer

Hello and thank you for your question. I will be very pleased to assist you. I'm a practising lawyer in England with over 10 years experience.

1. I am sorry to read of the above. From what you say do I understand correctly that your uncle no longer has mental capacity to understand the position?
  2. On what grounds are they challenging your appointment and have they done anything formally yet?

If I can help any further with the above, please do come back to me. I'd be pleased to assist if I am able. All the best.

Ben Jones
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer