UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

I used to sell COA on eBay, and Microsoft had their lawyer…

Customer Question
I used to sell COA...
I used to sell COA on eBay, and Microsoft had their lawyer contact me that they want me to pay a large compensation (which I do not even have) or else take me to court.Please answer the following questions to clarify the matter for me,1) In UK, is this a civil or a criminal matter? Can it lead to jail?
2) I am in the UK on a visitor visa and have no residency status here, they do not seem to know this, will this be in my favor or against?
3) If I leave UK, can they chase me around? Can they find me in any country?
4) The case is inside UK, can they open an international case?
5) I offered them 35k compensation but they want a 6 figure which I do not have, so if I file bankruptcy inside UK will it solve this matter? Can I file bankruptcy if I am not a resident in UK?
6)They said if I cannot pay what they asked for I have to prove I do not have assets or funds and if I lie then it will be a crime, now, I do not have anything in UK in fact, will they ask about anything I have overseas?
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: UK Law
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Help via Email or Text Message. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
9/12/2017
Solicitor: INC, Solicitor-Advocate replied 11 months ago
INC
INC, Solicitor-Advocate

Do you still require assistance with this?

Would you like a phone call?

I still require assistance. Please reply here.
Thanks