UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

UK Law

In 2012 I was working for the police for over 20 years I've

Customer Question
Hello in 2012 I was...
Hello in 2012 I was working for the police for over 20 years I've never had a record in my life however unfortunately I fell in love with my sergeant our relationship continue and I realised he was married however he said he was most unhappy in in marriage I realised he was taking me for a fool it was now 2013 what I did next was completely out of character I placed a red rose in his garden implying that is was was having an affair this I did a few times I was found out it was terribly I took warily retirement as I was 60 I had to go to court where I was convicted of harrressment in October 2013 my bail conditions was not to go within 500mof his address which I never did this was a terrible ordeal for me and became quite ill my family and close friends and some colleagues in20142 office from the station where worked with a statement written in pencil and told me if did not sign it they would arrest me for beach of my conditions which I was not in the first part of my conditions was not to go to the police station but later I received a letter saying that part came off and now only 500ms left on until October 2015 I never new his wife or what she look like and have taken full responsibility for my action one of my ex colleagues was getting married so I took the parents along with a cake once again I was terrified and just sign the statement so would leave me alone since this as happened I've been quite unwell I've never done anything wrong in my life I'm now 64with failing healthi don't want to die with this record over
JA: Are you in the UK or are you in the States? I'm sorry if I'm reading you wrong here, but it seems as though you might be considering committing suicide or hurting yourself. Am I right?
Customer: my head any advise will be welcome thank you Ruth
JA: What action has been taken so far? What's your ideal outcome?
Customer: No further action has been taken but I can go on with this much longer having this overmy head I'm not a criminal the shame is unbearably I have not try to find a job I will never work again thank goodness because having to declare it would crush me everyday morning til night and sometime waking during the night I don't no what to do I'm not afraid of death I welcome it at times because I know God will forgive me it's not that it's me
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I'm in Salford Manchester UK there had been times when I though this but I'm to much a coward I just want this conviction removed so I can go to my make in peace please advice. Could this be done thank you
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: UK Law
Answered in 1 day by:
9/11/2017
Solicitor: F E Smith, Solicitor replied 2 months ago
F E Smith
F E Smith, Solicitor

Harassment is a course of action (more than once) which harasses, is intended to harass, anyone looking on would think was harassment or the person doing it is reckless as to whether it harasses.

Although the police would normally warn an alleged offender first, but if it carries on, they will be prosecuted, they don’t actually have to do.

On the basis of what you said about the rose (even in isolation without any other action) that’s harassment and I think you would struggle to get your conviction removed on appeal.

However, there seems to be something else that you are wanting to know but I’m not certain what it is. If you could ask me some specific questions, it will be easier for me to deal with this because then I can deal with those specific questions individually. Thank you

What else would you like to no
This conviction was put on in October 2013 and came off October 2015 does this every come off and if so when thank you I'm not a criminal thank you for your advice

Thank you. The conviction is spent under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act after 1 year and will no longer appear on a DBS check when it is filtered after 11 years.

Whilst I appreciate that you feel that you are not a criminal, you did commit a criminal act and were convicted

Before you go, please don’t forget to use the rating service because that gives me credit. It doesn’t just give me a pat on the head! The thread remains open. We can still exchange emails.

Kind regards.

FES

F E Smith
F E Smith
F E Smith, Solicitor