UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

I am a teacher who has just signed a contract (O.5) with my…

Customer Question
Hello. I am a...

Hello. I am a teacher who has just signed a contract (O.5) with my Local Education Authority. An academy chain who has completed the legal procedures to take over the school is proposing to restructure, cutting my hours by a third and expecting me to be available for a whole day to teach one particular lesson. My proposed hours are too low to live on. Can this be construed as illegal/constructive dismissal?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because education law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Northumberland, UK

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

Part-time

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: UK Law
9/8/2017
Solicitor: Ben Jones, UK Lawyer replied 11 months ago
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today.

How long is your continuous service?