UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

My freeholder want to inspect the flat, because they

Customer Question
My freeholder want to...

My freeholder want to inspect the flat, because they speculate i have breached some lease condition itseems. though i repeatedly assured I haven't, still insisting for inspect. I work else where and would need proper time to arrange. but they asked just 2 days ago for friday. i went back saying its not suitable and i will get back suitable time and date I can't let this people keep bully me, I feel this is unreasonable and discrimination act. Also one of the other flat owner, who claims as a board member, trespassed into my flat via communal courtyard into my kitchen and disturbed, threatened my tenant couple of times for no reason. He also demanded her to provide her contact details.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?

Im single working woman. I bought this falt for myself, recently 6 months ago I had to take consent from my mortgage lender to have tenant. because I was travelling and trying to manage rent in london and also paying all bills and mortage in nottingham. bank gave consent. Property is a town house but lease hold .. 999 yrs from 1985 its in Nottingham Its currently not on buy to let but I'm in process to move it beacause of my unexpected change in my job and personal life.. I cant go back full time to live in that house atleast for another year or so.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No I'm trying to keep my side ready. because they are unresonable with the time and day..also unreasonable with the need of inspect

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

My tenant is not comfortable to let them in with out me accompanying. and I need to arrange my time to make this visit.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: UK Law
9/7/2017
Solicitor: Joshua, Lawyer replied 11 months ago
Joshua
Joshua, Lawyer

Hello and thank you for your question. I will be very pleased to assist you. I'm a practising lawyer in England with over 10 years experience.

Do you have a copy of your lease available?