UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

UK Law

I've been charged for "On the 31/07/2017 at the city of

Customer Question
I've been charged for...
I've been charged for "On the 31/07/2017 at the city of London at Halifax Bank, Cannon street EC4 you possessed or controlled an identity document that was false and that you knew or believed was false, namely a counterfeit UK Driving licence in the name of Darren Williams, with the intention of using the documents to establish personal information about you" "CONTRARY TO SECTION 4 OF THE IDENTITY DOCUMENT ACT 2010. H.O. 61/38 None ID10001
JA: Are you in the UK or are you in the States?
Customer: UK
JA: What action has been taken so far? What's your ideal outcome?
Customer: I'm due to appear in a magistrates court in 3 weeks
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I know that it is going to crown court because I said I was basically I stated the document had I had which was a driving licence was fake so I wanted to know what is going to happen? and what type of sentence am I going to receive?
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: UK Law
My name is*****'m 21, and a full time university student. On the 31st, I went to the Halifax brunch in attempt to open a bank account with fake Id using a fake driving licence, where later on police were called and feeling guilty and regretting what I had done, I decided to admit the driving licence was fake in front of the police camera. I was later arrested then released under investigation. I recently received a charge sheet where I was charged on the offence for the first time above and I wanted to ask what sentencing and options am I looking to?
9/7/2017
Solicitor: Jamie-Law, Solicitor replied 3 months ago
Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Do you have any previous?

no

The offence if it went to the Crown Court is max 2 years. Magistrates Court 6 months.

You are likely to get a Community Order, which is things like unpaid work etc.

Custody is possible, but it could be suspended if you have no previous and pleading guilty.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?

If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer 3, 4 or 5 stars before you leave today.

I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the bottom of the screen. Please do not forget as it is an important part of the online process! Thank you.

Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor