Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

Jo Being asked to appear before court for.. 5 charges 32

Hi jo
Being asked to appear before court for..
5 charges
32 images made at a category A 3 include distribution
22 images made at a category B
65 images made at a category C 1 include distribution
What could I look at getting in court?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It was in a chat room and I wasn't aware of the content that was being shared between myself and others, I was just forwarding links onto other chats without opening them. Really worried

Do you have any previous?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No nothing, never had to go to court before either.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I don't want to talk on the phone as I am at home, sorry, can you reply on here please

It is not the largest number of images but there are a far number of cat A images and they do involve distribution. There is no way around it.

Overall, you may be able to get a suspended sentence largely because there are community orders that can address offending behaviour that can be made available but you would have to accept an inappropriate interests in children.

Custody is rare really unless people just keep denying their interest.

Can I clarify anything for you?

Jo

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I don't have any desire in children atall I was just sharing what I thought was normal porn but instead they were girls under 18 about 16, 17 that I wasn't aware off, I was out of the police station within 2 hours of going in when they arrested me, no bail conditions or anything I just have to appear before magistrates court now, I'm worried about a custodial sentence as I don't want to leave my family and I'm actually a decent guy.Any advice?

Then it is quite unlikely the course would be made available to you.

Then you are at risk of custody I'm afraid.

You might get a suspended sentence but it is a lot less likely.

If you are saying that you didn't think it was imagery of children then you should really be pleading not guilty.

it depends what you have already said in the course of a police interview.

I'm happy to continue with this but please rate my answer.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
are you avalable to continue this conversation with me tomorrow or in the next couple of days please?

Yes, i should be. I have legal argument tomorrow but should be clear by lunchtime.

On Wednesday I start a trial though.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok I will be in touchThank you so much for your help so far

No problem.

All the best.