UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

I have been accused of fly tipping, and recieved bit scared…

Hi, I have been...

Hi, I have been accused of fly tipping , and recieved bit scared as says formal interview and under caution , it was put on a country lane

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you in the UK or are you in the States?

In the uk

Lawyer's Assistant: What action has been taken so far? What's your ideal outcome?

I've just had a letter saying accused and to go to interview under caution

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I drove and stopped in the area and did put 2 bags there

8/19/2017
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister

How can i help with this please?

Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
I have recieved a letter accused of fly tipping , which I have to admit to I think 1 bags of rubbish , I put them there as had to collect something else and couldn't fit everything in the car , I thought pick them back up later but I failed to do so, so really worried now, as letter says I'm under caution and seek legal advice
Phone call session started
My number is ***** mobile***********

ARe you in the UK?

I'm in uk
Am I recieving a phone call?
Hi am I recie ving a phone call?

I can call but I'm on the phone to somebody else right now.

I should be able to come back soon.

Hello ??
Ok , will that be soon ?

Your phone doesn't seem to be connecting?

UK mobile number 07927 086568

All the best.

Hi Jo, sorry to bother you again , i have been told can face a sentence for fly tipping offence is this possible in this case, first offence if prosecuted and no previous convictions, it was cardboard and 2 bags of rubbish containing bottlesRichard

Yes, you can but it won't happen.

This will be a fine only.

Ok thanks for reply, i know hard to judge but do you know the amount the fine could be upto?Many thanks

I cannot imagine it will be huge. It is not a huge instance.

It is difficult to judge environmental crime as it depends on means.

ok, not sure understand depends on means but thanks for advice