UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

UK Law

I am trying to find a lawyer soecialising in parental

Hi i am trying to...
Hi i am trying to find a lawyer soecialising in parental alienation
JA: Are you in the UK or are you in the States?
Customer: UK
JA: What action has been taken so far? What's your ideal outcome?
Customer: I i woud like regular contact with my son
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: The court has given full access but my ex says my son doesnot wish to see me
I am suspicious that my son has been subjected to a lot of negative influences I feel my ex is alienating him against me
I have a child arrangement order dated October 2015 where the court has granted me full rights to see my son to take him away on holiday to spend nights with him and to have extra time during school holidays none of this unfortunately has happened and my ex put it down to the fact that my son does not wish to see me that he has no objections to me seeing my son is what he has said
Yeah it was suggested in Court that I was to put in form C2 and apply with three CVs from three psychologists the court would then decide the appropriate specialist
My first hearing was on 14 August and the next one is on 30 November I presented myself myself on 14 August
I would be grateful if I had a judge on 30 November I do not know how to ask for one but I do not want to appear before a lay magistrate again because she is completely being bullied by the opponents counsel
I can only see my last message have you received all the other messages I have sent before
8/18/2017
Clare
Clare, Solicitor

Thank you of your quetsion

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

How old is your son and when did you last see him

Did you ask for a psychologists report?

My son was born june 2004
Last saw him in feb
I did ask that was when I was asked to put in a form C2 with copies of cvs of three experts

Who actually asked for the report?

I spoke 1st to the Cafcass officer and then I said to the magistrate that my son has been subjected to a lot of negative influences and he needs a psychological assessment
At this point the Magistrate said that the Cafcass officer was going to assess him but I insisted saying that the Cafcass officer was a social worker and not a psychologist at this point the magistrate left the court to ask a judge

So in fact the Order was not made ab=nd you were told to make a separate application - you have done this and are awaiting a date?

I have not
I await your expert advice
I need your help regarding the nect step i have just described the situation in detail

OK

Thank you for that

Given that it is the job of a CAFCASS officer to actually ascertain the wishes and feeling of children in such situations, and who have in fact often seen Parental Alienation in action is there a specific reason why you feel a Psychologists report is required at this stage?

I ask because it is unusual for such a report to be prepared unless the CAFCASS officer suggests that there should be one

If you do then yes you will need to file a form C2 available here

https://formfinder.hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/c2-eng.pdf

together with the CV's of the three Child Psychologists you wish the Court to consider.

You alone will be responsible for the costs of such a report.

If there was only one person who dealt with the case last time you were in court then it was the Clerk to the Justices - not a Magistrate - the next hearing will be in form of the Justices.

If you need assistance with the form then please ask

Does this mean the next hearing will be heard by judges ?
I will scrape together the expenses
The Cafcass officer is an expert social worker not a psychologist so it might be difficult for the Cafcass officer
I am also worried that Cafcass decisions are often shaped by financial restrictions
How do i get hold of the child psychologist

The first hearing was a Directions hearing and was not in front of a Magistrate but in from of the legally qualifies Clerk to the justices.

The next hearing will be in form of a panel of magistrates.

The report is likely to cost between £1000 and £2000

You can find out more about identifying suitable experts in the article here

http://www.familylawweek.co.uk/site.aspx?i=ed910

My ex doesnot agree to the expert assessment
Is there a way out of this
Thanks for the link

It is for you to convince the court that the Report is necessary at the next hearing

Can i not do form C2 before the next hearing
I was hoping I could start the process
Gm claire
Gm clare

Yes of course - you should be issuing the C2 as soon as possible

Clare
Clare, Solicitor
I will do claire
Clare
Clare
Clare, Solicitor