UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

We have 3 cars parked with expired road tax for all three.

Hi, we have 3...

Hi, we have 3 cars parked with expired road tax for all three. They are parked on a new development site I have purchased

Lawyer's Assistant: What country are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

UK.what options dfo I have to get these removed please. we do not know of the owner

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Nope. do not know who to

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Nope, just need the cars removed, a neighbour says he knows who owns the cars and has asked him to m#remove the cars for us. the owner has refused - the owner lives in the adjacent street the cars are on our land, within the car park. obstructiong us demolising part of the building

8/17/2017
JimLawyer
JimLawyer, Senior Associate & Consultant

Hello, the cars are parked on private property, which you now own. As such, you can do two things. 1. Notify your local council as they have the power to remove abandoned vehicles from public and also private land. Check your local council on https://www.gov.uk/find-your-local-council

2. As the vehicle is causing an obstruction, you really should notify the Police that the cars are on your land and as such the owner has trespassed - the Police should be able to remove the vehicles for you and also the fact they are untaxed means the Police may choose to pursue the owner for that

Hope this helps - please click accept answer if you're happy. Thanks and have a good day. James

JimLawyer