UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

UK Law

I did, I am in Berkshire, UK are you in USA? arw you based

hello hello JA: Have you contacted...
hello hello
JA: Have you contacted the seller or manufacturer? What documentation do you have?
Customer: yes, I did
JA: What state are you in?
Customer: I am in Berkshire, UK are you in USA?
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: arw you based un the UK?
8/17/2017
Joshua
Joshua, Lawyer

Hello and thank you for your question. I will be very pleased to assist you. I'm a practising lawyer in England with over 10 years experience.

Can I assist you with the above? Unfortunately I am not certain your question (if you asked one) has been posted. Are you able to kindly advise how I can help?

Here the copy I have sent to the bank more than two weeks ago:Hello,I am a HSBC costumer and recently I have been under a huge stress dealing with the bank due to many issues with them.The first issue I would like to mention, happened today. I have received an alert telling that my credit score was considerably lower than the previous record. I went to Experian and I saw my score had decreased from fair to "very poor". I was very shocked to see the reason.
The report said (I have the copy of it) that all my payments were being payed late during the last three months. Those payments are usually directly debited from my HSBC account and they been settled up from long time ago. I phone HSBC and as usual, you said everything looks fine in the system and all those direct debits were payed on time. I can ensure I had enough money to cover those payments in my account, so can you imagine how I feel?The second issue is related to a money transfer I wanted to make through western union to cover a family emergency. I went to my western union profile and tried to transfer the money to one of my usual payees (my brother). Each time I tried, the system said the transaction was declined. As I was under a lot of pressure because it was an emergency, I tried many times using my HSBC debit card. My surprise was that all those tries were debited from my account leaving almost with no money there.
I've contacted HSBC many times in tears, you said they have nothing to see with that and it was basically in western union hands to reverse the payments, because in their system, all the payments were succesful.
I contacted Western Union, they said they were happy to provide a full report to proof they weren't holding the money. But after begging so many times to HSBC, they said they were not able to provide any way (fax number or email address) for western union to send this report.
The result was me being with no money for more than three days. I am on my own with my three daughters and I have no family in here in the UK. Also, I have to changed the date of my holidays because having no enough money how could I take my children abroad?
The most horrible surprise was on Monday when I've received a phone call from HSBC fraud department. Agent: Meenatsai Tulugu. The agent wanted me to confirm my transactions through wester union and she explained to me they BLOCK the transaction and HOLD my money for fraud prevention, So basically was ALWAYS the HSBC who hold my money and never gave me the correct information creating a huge distress for me.
I can provide any documentation you may need to proof all the stated for me in these lines, and I would appreciate very much any help you can provide to me to get the right compensation and apologise from HSBC bank.
I will be looking forward to hearing from you. If I don't have an answer within the next 5 working days I will proceed to escalate the case to Ombudsman organization.
are you there?

Thanks for the above. I have had to take a phone call so will be with you as soon as I have finished with your permission.

ok

I apologise for the delay in reverting to you. I am just reading your above post now. Did you wish to discuss the matter by phone? Unfortunately the site is advising me there was a problem with processing a payment so I do not have your number. Has customer services been in touch to resolve this?

hello
Any answer?

Hello - certinly I just asked if you still preferred to discuss this by pone or whether you content to proceed online?

please proceed online, not sure why is not accepting my credit card

No problem. Sorry for the inconvenience. Both these issues would appear to be breaches of the Data Protection Act and the Banking Code respectively.

HSBC have a duty to ensure that the information they report to the credit reference agencies is both accurate and fair. Clearly from what you say they have failed to do that and you will accordingly be due compensation for both distress and any losses you can show you have suffered as a result.

With regards ***** ***** failed payments, it is understandable that HSBC may block payments you may have made to WU because it is a high-risk service and is the favourite of fraudsters around the world as it is effectively untraceable. However, for HSBC to debit your account and then hold the money preventing your accessing it and at the same time blocking the payment would appear to be a breach of the requirement to treat its customers fairly under the banking code and if you can show that you suffered loss or deprivation as a result of not being able to access your money during the period they held it, again, you may have grounds for claiming compensation.

In terms of how to proceed, initially you must deal with the bank directly and raise if necessary a formal complaint to the complaints department details of which are below:

https://www.hsbc.co.uk/1/2/contact-and-support/feedback-and-complaints

The bank has eight weeks to fully respond to you and if you are not fully satisfied with their response, you then have the right to escalate the matter to the financial ombudsman service free of charge. You cannot access the ombudsman service until you have exhausted the bank's internal complaints process above. You can ask the bank to correct the incorrect information they have recorded on your credit file and ask for compensation to compensate you for distress and any losses you have suffered as a result and you can ask the bank to pay you compensation for depriving you of access to your funds particularly if you can show you have suffered any loss as a result or deprivation.

if you are unable to resolve the matter directly with the bag, you can escalate the matter to the financial ombudsman service:

http://financial-ombudsman.org.uk/

Does the above answer all your questions? If it does, I should be very grateful if you would kindly take a moment to click a rating for my service to you today. Your feedback is important to me. If there is anything else I can help with please reply back to me though

Joshua
Joshua, Lawyer
Joshua
Joshua
Joshua, Lawyer