Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Solicitor Advocate
Experience:  Award winning lawyer with over 15 years experience
27487359

I have been accused of something I didn't do, can I

I have been accused of something I didn't do, can I volunteer for a lie detector test to stop this case that is causing me health and stress problems ?
JA: Is this a criminal or civil case?
Customer: Criminal it has been presented to the CPS but I haven't heard anything since March when I gave my statment
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Yes as above
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: The accessor has got a witness that is also lieing she is a cousin of my self and my accuser it is supposed to have happened 40 years ago

Let me see if I can help and please rate positive. Lie detectors are not used within the UK legal system and as such can not be relied upon within criminal court proceedings. The fact that the alleged incident happened 40 years ago will make it much harder in any event for the prosecution to get a conviction in any event and in criminal cases the threshold for convictions is in any event very high. Happy to discuss but please rate positive.