UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

I accidentally allowed 25 pounds worth of makeup to roll…

Customer Question
I accidentally allowed 25 pounds...
I accidentally allowed 25 pounds worth of makeup to roll into my bag. The security guardservices called me upstairs in testosterone and called the police. On arrival at explained that I was coming off night duty. The policeman took a statement and then advised me to go home. This happened 5 yrs ago. I heard nothing more from the police. Do I have a criminal record?
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: UK Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/10/2017
Solicitor: Jo C., Barrister replied 11 months ago
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister

How did it come to roll into your bag ?

My bag was open at the bottom of the counter. The makeup bottle was round. That's what happened. I want to know if I was found guilty. The policeman told me, at the end of the conversation, to go home. As before that was 5 yrs ago. I didn't receive anything from police in writing. Where do I stand legally. Do I have a conviction.?
Do you have an answer?

Were you arrested?

No

Did he give you an appointment to attend?

As I said the policeman told me to go home. I was very tired. Coming off night duty. Never heard or received anything more from police.

Ok.

So were you given an appointment to attend the police station?

I wasn't given an appointment to go to the police station. The policeman said goodbye outside the shop and that was the end of the Affair.

In that case, you do not have a criminal record.

This just hasn't led to a conviction. So there is no record.

It might well have been that there should have been but there is none.

Can I clarify anything for you?

Jo