UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

We are a small specialist contractor to a Facilities

Maintenance Organisation supporting Government Buildings.We...
We are a small specialist contractor to a Facilities Maintenance Organisation supporting Government Buildings.We provide emergency Call Out cover to a number of sites nationwideTo trigger our response, they raise an order for a value less than the minimum Call Out will be as per our agreed rates.We then have to arrange uplifts with the local site office who then have to get this agreed via their administration systems.If we raise an invoice without the full value, this is destroyed by the customer.To date we now have uplifts nearly a year old and only about 40% of our work can be invoiced.Can we now raise invoices after a reasonable period if they will not help?
8/9/2017
Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

What does your contract say please?

Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Our contract is for routine maintenance only. As part of our offer, however, we have submitted a schedule of rates for Call Out services dependent on the urgency etc. of the response. This has been in effect for over 2 years.Last June the customer changed their internal procedure for approving the order uplifts and this is not working. They do not, however have any procedure for auditing this system in house and there is not person responsible for assisting.Our problem is that this contract constitutes a significant percentage of our business.
Phone call session started

I will call shortly.