Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I paid for an urgent parcel to be shipped to the US. But my

Customer Question

Hi. I paid for an urgent parcel to be shipped to the US. But my courier misrouted it to the UK and it taking too long to start an investigation on the matter. They said that it may take up to 2 months and compensation is only up to $65. The value of the item is $300.
JA: Are you in the UK or are you in the States?
Customer: I am in Singapore shipping to US
JA: What action has been taken so far? What's your ideal outcome?
Customer: I have called the support hotline which is a bunch of indians in a call center delaying my case by mispelling my email address, not following up on promised calls etc.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: My ideal outcome is to find out if there is anything I can do to expedite this process of getting my item shipped to the proper address and if I can get any money back for damages. Thanks
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 2 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Was it insured?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Up to $68 only

If it was so urgent, why did you not insure for more?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I chose the fastest option, which was by Air mail. That was the highest insurance the courier company has.

You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund of the damages within 14 days or say will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.

If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/hmctsformfinder/n1-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?