UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

UK Law

My ex bf attacked me for 4 hours, he pleaded not guilty in…

Customer Question
My ex bf attacked...

My ex bf attacked me for 4 hours , he pleaded not guilty in the station but at the vourt hearing pleaded guilty. He has just been charged to 18 month suspended sentencin. I lied in the police interview though I said he raped me. They asked me to make a video statement. I refused & said I didn't want to go ahead with any rape statement. They put something about it in the written statement tho. Since his court sentencing of 18 months suspended sentencing he has been texting me telling me how much he loves me, can we get back together blah blah blah...we started texting each other then he text me asking me why I lied & told the police he raped me when he didnt. I text him back apologising & told hI'm he made me feel like death & I wanted him to feel the same. I told him I refused to make any video statements concerning the rape. He's been asking me where I work now & like a fool I told him. I've completely played into his hands. Obviously he's going to take that text conversation to the police. What will happen now as I'm scared

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

UK

Lawyer's Assistant: What action has been taken so far? What's your ideal outcome?

He has been charged with battery. He pleaded guilty at the magistrate court.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Now he has a text message with me admitting that I lied in it

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: UK Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/4/2017
Solicitor: Jamie-Law, Solicitor replied 6 months ago
Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

Was he ever charged with rape?

No I don't think he was charged with rape
I am scared the police will arrest me

Ok. So you lied to the police?

about him raping me

Ok. Technically you could be charged with wasting police time because you have made a false allegation.

However it would appear he has not been charged with race and already been sentenced for the assault I would not worry.

Can I clairfy anything for you about this today please?

Ok thankyou for your help

All the best. If I could ask you to rate my answer before you go today, by clicking on the 5 stars or happy face, otherwise the site does not pay me for the time spent with you today. It is also an important part of the online process. Thank you in advance and good luck!

If I'm charged with wasting police time what will actually happen, I mean how does the process work? ie: will they come and arrest me, take statements, will I have a trial...etc
Also what is the punishment on this usually?

You would go to Court. Yes statements etc are taken and you could be arrested and interviewed.

You can be fined, given a Community Order or sent to prison.

I think it would be a Community Order

Does that clarify?

If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer 3, 4 or 5 stars before you leave today.

I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget as it is an important part of the online process! Thank you.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help.

Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor