UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

I am looking for advice: I have been accused of possessing…

Customer Question
Hello - I am looking...
Hello - I am looking for advice:I have been accused of possessing and distributing indecent images.I am a upstanding citizen with no prior convictions.I have never distributed any images in any way (I am unsure as to why this is being investigated). I also do not possess any images of child nudity - I only have images of clothed teenages around 16 (as I belived this was legal) - I do however have some rape fantasy (adult) videos and I am worried this will impact.What would be the process & potential outcome - I am very distressed and have already paid a heavy price for the accusation.I have no interest and have not demonstrated any interest in anything other than downloaded images - this does not reflect on real life.
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: UK Law
8/3/2017
Solicitor: Jo C., Barrister replied 11 months ago
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister

Hi - who have you been accused by?

The Police - They have taken computer evidence to being analysis.

okay.

What would you like to know about this please?

Hello,I would like to know what the likey outcomes could be if the above is accurate - I would like to know what level the images would be placed in (if they are clothed / late teens) and if these would be catagorised as indecent.I would also like to know if rape fantasy videos would increase the potential sentanceThankyou

Sorry but I don't understand.

What are the indecent images?

No Problem, I belive that the images that will be found are:Clothed 16-20 year old people in everyday environments (sat on the grass) - and then some images of fully clothed 16-20 year old people stood for a photo.I also have some adult rape fantasy videos which I am worried will cause more chargesI would like to know what the chances of these being found as indecent would be - and if so what kind of category - and if this could mean a custody situationThanks,

Do they accept they are over 16?

Currently it is under investigation - so I am left with no answers into what has been found.I am looking for advice based on what information I have supplied - or any additional information you need. I apprciate that it is not possible to provide an accurate answer - but I am looking for general help and adivce as to what the procedure will be - and the possible charges, only based on my provided information.

But when you were interviewed what was put to you about this?

Only that they had suspicions that someone in the house was downloading indecent images, and they needed to search all computer equipment.Thanks

I'm not sure I can really advise on sentence.

On the face of it, you have a defence to the first charge and the second there is no evidence upon at this stage unless they find the rape depictions.

Is there anything else you wanted to know?