How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask INC Your Own Question
INC, Solicitor-Advocate
Category: UK Law
Satisfied Customers: 11847
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
Type Your UK Law Question Here...
INC is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What form do I need to complete to apply for an adjournment

Customer Question

what form do I need to complete to apply for an adjournment of a hearing in the county court
JA: Is this a criminal or civil case?
Customer: civil
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: applying for judgment to be set aside. The court has listed it for a hearing on 21/8 I am out of the country and cannot attend need new date
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: court fee for adjournment
Submitted: 2 months ago.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  INC replied 2 months ago.


You will need to complete a Form N244 and pay the fee of 80. You will need to file this at court and then await a hearing.

If the other party agree the application may be dealt with on the papers otherwise you will have to attend a hearing.

I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback

Many thanks