Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
29905560

My son (13 years old) was verbally abused at school and

Customer Question

My son (13 years old) was verbally abused at school and accused of being a 'rapist' and 'paedophile' by two girls. One of the girls alleged that my son touched her breast and bottom. I complained to the school. The school dealt with the verbal abuse incident but as the alleged incident happened out of school could do nothing but inform parents. The actual alleged incident happened 2 months prior when my son and the girl were hanging out together in the school holidays. He has told us that she was dared him to hug a random person as a joke so he hugged her (he demonstrated for me and it was entirely innocent). He thought no more of it, they spoke at school and were still on each other's social media. Then after another 6 weeks since the school incident, the police knocked on our door to tell us that she had reported him to the police but the report wasn't being taken further. They didn't even question him for his side to what happened. We are utterly fuming with the whole situation. She has been telling all and sundry at his school. Is there anything we can do?
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 2 months ago.

What are you hoping to do about this please?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Stop her slanderous remarks? Complain about false accusations?? She has damaged his reputation!