UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

Is it possible to use "Peppa" in my minecraft videos?

Customer Question
Is it possible to...

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you in the UK or are you in the States?

Canada

Lawyer's Assistant: What action has been taken so far? What's your ideal outcome?

It's a kid friendly minecraft channel and I'd like to build a pig pen and name it Peppa Palazzo

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not that I know

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: UK Law
7/29/2017
Solicitor: Nick H, Solicitor replied 11 months ago
Nick H
Nick H, Solicitor

Hello

I suspect that Peppa Pig has been trademarked - it turns a huge amount of money and will be heavily licensed.

Usually you will be contacted - IF you tried to trademark the name - however simply using Peppa in the UK is

not likely to infringe upon this.