Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
29905560

I have a thick hedge which my gardener has just reduced in

Customer Question

I have a thick hedge which my gardener has just reduced in height. My neighbour has complained because he says that it is hedge/boundary and wants compensation for loss of privacy.
JA: What country are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Sorry, didn't mean to finish. I have checked the deeds and they declare that is a mesne or party boundary. I am in UK, near Leeds
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: he says he is going to see his lawyer tomorrow
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I am downhill from this neighbour and there is approx. 150 yards between our properties
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Joshua replied 2 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question. I will be very pleased to assist you. I'm a practising lawyer in England with over 10 years experience.

1. May I ask if there is a ditch on either your side or his side of the hedge? I will explai the reason for this otherwise rather odd question shortly.
  2. Hav you checked the title plan to your property to see if there are any measurement on the same? There very rarely would be