Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
29905560

My question is regarding my neighbours Garage which is built

Customer Question

JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: My question is regarding my neighbours Garage which is built up to the boundary but the eaves and guttering overhang my airspace. I have planning permission to build an extension up to the boundary and work has started. I have offered to move the eaves back at my expense 4inches but they won't allow this. Can my builber build around the guttering?
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: East Yorkshire, United Kingdom
JA: What action has been taken so far? What's your ideal outcome?
Customer: To move the guttering 4inches back
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Action so far has been to discuss with the neighbour the possibility to move the guttering or build around the guttering in a u shape.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Joshua replied 3 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question. I will be very pleased to assist you. I'm a practising lawyer in England with over 10 years experience.

1. May I ask roughly when the garage was constructed please?
  2. Did you object at the time?
  3. Did they serve any form of party wall notice on you before they built to your knowledge?
Expert:  Joshua replied 2 months ago.

If I can help any further with the above, please do come back to me. I'd be pleased to assist if I am able. All the best.