Michael Holly
Michael Holly, Solicitor
Experience:  I have 20 years of experience as a solicitor in litigation and other areas
12609314

At work I have told some collegues how things went when I

Customer Question

Good morning, at work I have told some collegues how things went when I lived in Nigeria and how white managers treated them. Now this is used against me in a way that looks like I have been making racist remarks and my company has started disciplinary actions against me.
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: I am an airline captain with Easyjet and this happend on a turn around in Gatwick with Italian crew and was reported on our Italian base.
JA: What action has been taken so far? What's your ideal outcome?
Customer: I have received a letter of a disciplinairy claim against me and have 10days to respond and tell my side of the story.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: There was an issue with a ramp agent about his agressive attitude and then I reflected on this with the cabin crew by wondering where he originally came from, I thought he might originate from Nigeria and told a story about how people were treated there and so the misinterpretation started.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Michael Holly replied 3 months ago.

You need to explain exactly what you said and the context in which you said it, which was that his attitude may have been as a result of treatment given to him by him in the past.

You can do no more than this. If there are any specific points please respond I will be happy to reply further.

Kindly rate my answer before leaving the site so I get credit for my time.

Best wishes

Michael